As a family united in faith by the Holy Spirit, we exist to worship and praise the Triune God, to be nurtured through His Word and Sacraments, and to share His love in Christ with others.
The Mission of our Teen Ministry
The purpose of our teen ministry shall be to use God's Word to strengthen young members in their faith in Christ and also to equip them to live as God's people in their homes, in their work and leisure, and in church and society. We encourage our teens to put their Christian faith into practice and we want to give our teens opportunities to do so. Parental involvement is also important for our teen ministry to be a success - we need your cooperation and help.
The Goals for our Teen Ministry
Share with teens the knowledge,
- which will either lead them to faith in Jesus Christ or strengthen their saving faith.
- which will make them aware of God's will for their lives.
- which will help them develop their personal worship life.
Share with teens the knowledge and skills
- to share their faith.
- to become the leaders of tomorrow's congregation.
As we continue to organize and plan, we would like to incorporate all the components for a balanced teen ministry: worship, education, fellowship, service, and recreation.
St. John's Youth League
The Youth League is a group of confirmed high school students. Our purpose is to keep our young people together in congregational activities, even though they are attending three different high schools, Lakeside Lutheran High School, Luther Preparatory School, and Watertown High School. Monthly meetings and fun activities are held as scheduled.
The Youth League serves the congregation in many ways during the year. They:
- serve coffee and donuts every Sunday during the school year.
- host the Easter Brunch.
- sponsor and run the carnival games at the Church Picnic.
- participate in the international youth rally.
- hold a brat fry every summer.
- sponsor and promote congregational food items donated to our Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary food bank.
- assist in a Teen Worship Service usually the Sunday after Christmas.
- hand out flyers for the 4th of July parade.
We would like to take a trip to Great America this summer and add area canvassing to our activities.
The Youth League also provides a St. John's Time Release Program (C-Squared) during the school year for the Watertown High School students on the 2nd & 4th Monday of each school month. This is a program designed to keep our public high school students in contact with Christ and each other.
The Watertown WELS Youth Center (The ROC - Recreation and Outreach Center for Youth) is directed by Pastor Tim Mueller. The new ROC location at 213 N. Third St. Time Release students are bused to the ROC for their meetings.
If you are interested in assisting the Youth League as a leader or just as a helper, please contact Pastor Rodney Warnecke.