As a family united in faith by the Holy Spirit, we exist to worship and praise the Triune God, to be nurtured through His Word and Sacraments, and to share His love in Christ with others.
The Finance Committee is a group of St. John's members which has been asked to:
- Recommend the yearly budget to the Coordinating Council by doing the following:
- Collecting and analyzing budget requests from all boards to be included in yearly budget.
- Recommending goals/budget items for Mission offerings, Lakeside Lutheran High School support, and ROC support.
- Researching and obtaining all pertinent information about area work wages, WELS salary schedules, and suggestions from the boards that work with various staff.
- Recommending yearly wages of all called workers with the help of information given out by the WELS and with advisement from the Personnel Committee.
- Recommending yearly wages for all non-called staff to keep all such wages equitable overall.
- Communicate regularly with all boards to make sure budgets are being maintained.
- Collect and analyze giving reports from the Counting Committee and keep the Coordinating Council informed.
- Make recommendations on borrowing needs.
- Communicate with the Board of Elders - Stewardship Committee so that the two bodies can conduct and coordinate stewardship programs.
- Report monthly to the Coordinating Council.
- Oversee all congregational investments, loans, and insurance policies keeping a close watch on current rates and make recommendations to the Coordinating Council for actions to be taken.
- Recommend policies dealing with the requisition process, fund distribution, and proper bookkeeping practices.
- Oversee the periodic internal financial review of all congregational financial records, including all congregational organizations’ financial records, on an annual basis.
- Oversee its standing committees (Financial Review Committee and Counting Committee) and others it may form.
The committee members are:
Randy Schultz, Wayne Kuerschner, Lois Kobleske, Robert Stueber, Roger Herbert, Dorothy Kasten